Cleaning a house can be a fantastic experience. When you are cleaning your home, you do not have to be miserable. There are many ways that you can make all the work pay off in a great way. When your home is in order, you will think in a better way. Here are some fantastic tips for cleaning your home.
How To Clean Your House Fast: 11 Efficient House Cleaning Tips
You can make the whole process enjoyable and fun while you are cleaning. Throw on some great music so that you can move to the beat. Snacks and drinks should also be available while you are cleaning. Here are 11 great cleaning tips:
1. Whole House – Instead of cleaning one room of the house at a time, you want to do a job all around the house. Pick dusting or vacuuming and do it for every room. This allows you to get into a rhythm and more gets completed in a short period of time.
2. Caddy For Tools – Use a caddy or a pouch for your tools. Keep them in one place and make it light so that you can carry it with you everywhere. You will want to be able to access your tools at any time that you need them. Have a caddy for each person in your cleaning group.
3. Clear Clutter – Before you do a deep clean, you will want to clear up the clutter that is laying around. Things like magazines, newspapers, knickknacks, and other incidentals can be picked up and organized before you begin to do the other cleaning.
4. Dust/Vacuum – You want to dust before you vacuum. Make sure that you get the ceiling fans and tops of shelves. Once you are completed with all the dusting, then you will want to do the vacuuming.
5. Mirrors – By using a microfiber cloth, you will be able to clean the glass surfaces well. Do all windows and mirrors to make sure that they are spotless.
6. Disinfect – Wipe down countertops and appliances with a disinfectant. You want to get any spots off and completely clean the items in a thorough and complete way. Be sure that you get into the corners too.
7. Focus – Focus should be on cleaning tops and sinks. Let the cleaning fluid that you are using stay put for a while. You will be able to get up lots of stains and spots in this manner so that they are looking new when you are finished.
8. Sweep/Mop – Sweep the floors like the kitchen and bathrooms and then mop them. You want to make sure that all loose debris is picked up first before mopping so that you are not carrying dirt back over the clean area.
9. Move – When you are cleaning, you will want to continue to move about. You want to work from the back of the room forward, especially when you are mopping. This is an easy way to keep track of what you have completed and what still needs to be done at any given time. Same with vacuuming.
10. Tools – Keep your tools clean. Using dirty tools will just make your home dirty again. Make sure that you clean all of the tools when you are completed too.
11. Group Activity – Make cleaning a group effort. Utilize all members of your household so that you can get the whole house done in a short period of time. Most people pick a weekend day to do their cleaning because school and work are not in session. If schedules are different, find a time when most people are able to help with the cleaning because it helps to get it done in a quick fashion.
House cleaning is something that not all people love to do but with the tips above, you will be one of the people that don’t mind doing it at all and it might even be fun for you. Make the best of it and enjoy the time that you get to spend as a family. When you clean together, everyone in the family unit is better off for it in the long run because the house will look great.
Here are some of the best Fort Lauderdale cleaning services tips and hacks from house cleaning experts for cleaning your bathroom, kitchen, and more.
Cleaning Services In Fort Lauderdale, FL Tips
It can sometimes feel like an impossible goal to have a clean home, especially when you have a complicated schedule and hectic life. Feeling overwhelmed can be quite easy and before you realize it, grime, dirt, and dust have built-up and will lead over time to a very unhealthy and unattractive environment for your entire family.
Take control instead of avoiding the problem. These days, cleaning products and technology make it easier to clean your home than it was even just five to ten years ago. This ranges from cleaning tools that are used to replace that old mop and bucket of water to housecleaning apps that you can download on our cell phone to help you keep your house cleaning and stay on top of your cleaning schedule, or hire a cleaning service in Fort Lauderdale.
Be honest about the amount of time you have for cleaning, how clean you would like your home to be, and the most important areas in your house that you want to have clean. That will help you develop a strategy in order to get your cleaning job done. Of course, it’s easy to make up a schedule that looks great on paper, which is all well and good, however, if you aren’t reasonable about the amount of time that you have to spend on cleaning, then you schedule could end up backfiring on you.
And keep in mind the more organized you can be the better chance you will have to keep everything clean. One thing that can be helpful is to keep a cleaning caddy handy for your various cleaners. Also, use microfiber cloths that draw the soil and dust into the cloth and then release it when you rinse the cloth. Keep your cleaning caddy in a designated area, and for each task, use a separate colored cloth. Also, don’t use too much product or overuse your cloths, which will result in increasing cleaning time, and lead to streaking and smearing.
Fortunately, you don’t need to have the most expensive cleaning tools or products to clean your home successfully. You can use common household items in creative ways to help you get the job done and save money at the same time. However, just be aware, even so-called natural products may sometimes have a negative reaction with various furniture and finishes or may cause problems for people who suffer from skin or airborne allergies. Before using a new product in an inconspicuous, small area to ensure it will work well for your home and you.
The following are the key areas in your home and the top expert tips and hacks on how to best clean them:
If you would like to clean your microwave without using chemicals, place a cup of water inside the microwave and then heat it for two minutes. That will generate steam inside the microwave. You can then take a clean microfiber cloth and use it wipe down the appliance and get rid of any stuck-on food any residue to easily clean your microwave.
Over the years, dishwashers have evolved. It is very important to read the manual. Quite often homeowners make the mistake of treating a new dishwasher the same way they treated their old one. However, technology has changed. For example, newer models of dishwashers often come with sprayer arms that you can take out and wipe clean on a regular basis, to help the longevity and efficiency of your appliance.
Mysterious refrigerator smells can be quite frustrating. The first thing you need to do is determine what the cause of the smell is. Don’t leave spilled milk or plates of leftover to build up. Make sure to wipe down infected areas and clean them as soon as you can. Also, use a deodorizer in order to prevent smells in the future from taking over your refrigerator. Although the popular deodorizer is baking soda, you also can use a cut lemon (with the flesh side up), unused coffee grounds, or activated charcoal. Another option is to add a few drops of vanilla extract to cotton balls and place them in the back of your refrigerator. For best results, whatever you decide to use make sure to change your deodorizer frequently.
Given the fact that water is constantly present in the bathroom, it can result in mold and mildew. To create a healthier environment, play close attention to the room’s air circulation. This will also cut down on the amount of cleaning that you need to do. People sometimes to forget to keep the door closed, open a window, or turn the exhaust fan on. However, air circulation is very important, and also when you are using various cleaning products.
Mineral deposits in the water can cause a dirty and clogged shower head. An effective way to clean it is to take a plastic bag and fill it with white vinegar and then it tied it around the shower-head using an elastic band. Let the bag sit there overnight. Then turn on the shower in the morning in order to rinse the build-up away.
An easy way to keep soap scum off of your shower is to squeegee it after each time you take a shower in order to wipe down the shower walls before getting out. Then after you are out of the shower, use your squeegee to wipe out the tub to get rid of as much water and moisture as possible.
Toothpaste or hairspray can produce stubborn splatters on the bathroom mirror. To get rid of them, add a dab of rubbing alcohol onto a soft cloth or cotton ball, and then gently wipe off any marks.
If there are dirty sheets on your bed, your bedroom can smell stuffy. If you have allergies, make sure to wash your sheets once per week. You can wash them every other week if you do not suffer from allergies to get rid of odors and make sure your bedroom smells fresh.
Also, don’t forget about your bed skirt. They are a big magnet for human hair, pet hair, and dust. You should remove it and wash it every three weeks. If you store things underneath your bed, pull them out whenever you vacuum or sweep since a lot of dust can accumulate on them.
Another item that is notorious for collecting dust is framed photos. If a cleaner is sprayed on framed photos directly, it can sometimes bleed through the frame and matting and then damage the photos. You should instead spray your clean on a soft cloth first. That will allow you to control how much cleaner you are using and avoid any bleeding issues.
The family room often can be a cluttered area in a house. In order to keep things under control. One tip is to always take something out with you whenever you leave your family room. That way you can prevent things like your mail, magazines, dishes, and books from taking over the room.
You can’t clean things you don’t see. Food crumbs can easily build up between the sofa and chair cushions. This will attract pests and rodents. If you are unable to stop members of the family from eating on the couch, take the cushions out often and remove the crumbs using a hand-held vacuum or a damp cloth. Spilled drinks and food can stain area rugs. The faster you get rid of the stain, the better off you will be. Blot the stain using a damp microfiber cloth, then after you clean away the stain, turn o a fan in order to circulate the air and eliminate any dampness, learn more about Cleaning Services Fort Lauderdale
If you have any ceiling fans, place a sock on your hand in order to remove the dust. If it’s been a while since you cleaned it, spray some furniture polish on the sock to help capture the dust.
To clean your keyboards and computer screens, combine one part distilled water and one part rubbing alcohol inside a spray bottle. Spray some mixture onto a soft microfiber cloth and quickly but gently buff it dry to get rid of bacteria and dust.
Paperwork, mail, and bills can make a big mess in your home office. It’s a good idea to own a paper shredder. That will help you keep the room under control much easier.
If fabric softener builds up it can stain clothes and make the bottom of the iron dirty. to clean an iron, make a paste with equal parts of water and baking soda. Apply it to a cloth. Use a circular motion to clean the build-up gently in order to avoid the holes that are in the iron where the steam comes out. Then use a damp cloth to rinse it.
If your washing machine is a front-load model, moisture may build up on the inside lip which can cause mildew or bad odors. Every time you use your washer lift the lip up and wipe it using a soft cloth to get rid of as much water and moisture as possible. Leave the washer door open for a while to remove moisture and to let the air circulate.